Jan 7, 2018
Lets start 2018 by publishing Dynamics NAV 2018 Entity-Relationship (E/R) diagrams :-)
What Comes Next?
Now that the table relationship diagrams for NAV 2016-2018 are published I would like to ask you what should I work on next.
Some of my ideas:
- List of setup fields and document fields that are used to control posting in codeunits.
- Where-Used functionality for table fields.
- Site search with auto-complete for tables and field names on this site.
- Country specific versions of the diagrams.
- What has changed in tables from version to version.
- Table relationship diagrams for user selected tables.
- Exporting diagrams as image.
- Uploading your customized database and generating diagrams that your team can access online.
- Desktop application that can generate diagrams for your own customized database.
- High-level process diagrams (e.g. one page overview of receiving an item in the warehouse).
- Lower-level activity (or sequence) diagrams for codeunits (e.g. diagrams for a sales posting codeunit).
Please send me your ideas and suggestions to my email.